Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rose and Mistletoe Kanzashi

One of the reasons I love making kanzashi is there are so many flowers, plants, and other natural things you can create with the technique. I especially like coming up with new kanzashi designs based off of local plants and animals. Some purists would say some of my creations are not traditional, and therefore I have no business calling them kanzashi at all. I think it is the spirit more than the rules that define an art form, and by creating based off of my surroundings I am adding to the art rather than making something completely different. What do you think?
My version of a rose kanzashi.
My completely original kanzashi; mistletoe. 
I'm not sure the plant can even grow in Japan, but it makes a nice kanzashi^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment